How to modify pinctrl for ls1021 dts file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify pinctrl for ls1021 dts file

sujay1
Contributor V

I'm using a custom board based on ls1021atwr, and would like to change the pin configuration as per custom board schematics,

For boards like imx6q or imx6dl there is a imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi file that has a pinctrl field which lets us choose the mux configuration of various pins, 

However I found no such entry in ls1021.dtsi or ls1021a-twr.dts, how can I change mux pin config? I could also not find an iomux node in this dts, is the procedure to change mux pins different for this board?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pinmuxing of the LS1021A is controlled by appropriate fields in RCW (Reset Configuration Word) applied during POR (Power-on Reset). Further re-configuring by software means is not supported.

Reference: QorIQ LS1021A Reference Manual, 3.4 Signal multiplexing details and 4.4.6.1 RCW field definitions.

To create RCW it is strongly recommended to use CodeWarrior QorIQ Configuration and Validation Suite component - PBL Tool:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/QCVS_PBL_User_Guide.pdf 

0 Kudos

sujay1
Contributor V

Hi ufedor,

I installed code warrior and did the pin-muxing, however that only generated an xml file, If I generate processor Expert code will these pin mux details reflect in pbl?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please use the QCVS PBL Tool and insert the verified pin-muxing settings manually.

0 Kudos

sujay1
Contributor V

Ok I understand now, I go to component inspector in the pbl tool then to pin muxing and then modify based on what I want. Just one more thing, in IRQ_EXT its mentioned See IRQ_BASE description, where is this defined? I can see "For additional information see description of the IRQ_BASE field in device documentation" what is this device doc? is it reference manual fo ls10s1a?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the QorIQ LS1021A Reference Manual, Table 4-14. RCW field descriptions:

"373-375

IRQ_BASE

This field configures the functionality of IRQ[3:5] pins.
The corresponding GPIOs for these pins are GPIO1[23:25].
Options for each bit:
0 IRQ
1 GPIO1"

0 Kudos

sujay1
Contributor V

My custom board uses i2c1_scl and i2c1_sda but I can only see i2c2 in IIC_BASE field, wha change should I make to configure i2c1?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The I2C1 signals are not multiplexed - refer to the QorIQ LS1021A Data Sheet, Table 1. Pinout list by bus, I2C

0 Kudos