How to connect 8-bit DDR3 IC to P1022 processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect 8-bit DDR3 IC to P1022 processor

rachanatm
Contributor II

Hi,I am using P1022 processor in my design. I have used 3 DDR3 chips each of 16 bit data width. Out of 3 DDR3s, data lines of two DDR3s are connected to MDQ[0:31] and  8 bit data lines of last DDR3 is connected to MDQ[32:39]. MDQS[0:3] and MDM[0:3] are connected to first 2 DDR3 ICs and MDQS4, MDM4 is connected to 8 bit DDR3 IC. Please let me know is this correct or any measures need to be taken care while connecting 8 bit DDR3 IC?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

As I see you want to implement 40-bit DDR data bus (2x16+8). The P1022 supports 40-bit DDR bus as 32-bit data and 8-bit of the ECC syndrome byte. Hence 8-bit of the third DDR chip has to be connected to the P1022 MECC[0:7] and MDM[8], MDQS[8]/MDQS_B[8].

For 16-bit DDR chip used for ECC byte, ensure that unused DQS/nDQS and DM inputs are tied via resistor to their nonactive power levels (GND or VDD). Ask DDR producer for recommended termination of the unused 8 data pins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos