How to configure LS1046ARDB Linux for DHCP and DNS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure LS1046ARDB Linux for DHCP and DNS

sabine_s
Contributor III

Just setting up a LS1046ARDB to connect to internet. Board boots into Linux from flash drive to a filesystem extracted from fsl-image-full-ls1046ardb-20161022011454.rootfs.tar.gz. Have an internet router connected to RGMII1 port.

Added the following to the end of /etc/network/interfaces:

auto fm1-mac3
iface fm1-mac3 inet dhcp

After reboot, the board successfully obtains an IP address for the fm1-mac3 interface from the router.

Unfortunately, it does not configure the board's DNS automatically, even though it does save in /etc/resolvconf/run/interface/fm1-mac3 the nameserver it fetched from the router.

What else do I need to do to get DNS set up?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

hunterware
Contributor I

On my (64bit) platform there were two problems:

1) /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc is pointing to the 32 bit lib directory.  One needs to edit lines (approximately) 21 and 110 to point from /lib/resolveconf/list-records to /lib64/resolveconf/list-records.  Looking at your bug report, I don't think this is your problem but it will be a related issue for 64 bit customers.

2) (and your issue) You need to add /etc/default/resolveconf with a single line:

TRUNCATE_NAMESERVER_LIST_AFTER_LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=no

This will tell resolvconf to use the name servers DHCP returns.

0 Kudos

hunterware
Contributor I

It looks like the DNS add is failing because /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc is returning an error.  It seems like some required stuff is not being populated in the rootfs, such as /lib/resolvconf/list-records.

It looks like a bug that hasn't been fixed and I'm not sure what is the best way but hopefully someone from NXP will come along and help?

0 Kudos