Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check SATA link in T2080?

Jump to solution
amarnathmb
Contributor III

Hi All,

We have a T2080 Custom board with T2080RDB as the reference design and we have selected the SerDes Protocol as 0xF8 and  0x36. A clock of 100 MHz is provided as the reference to the PLL2. On our SerDes2 Lane G, we have connected a 16Gb SATA NAND Flash (GreenLiant GLS85LS1016B-M-C-FZJE-ND102).

Once we boot the VxWorks and register the vxbFslSataStorage driver, no SATA device is detected and no device is created under devs.

I tried following the steps in 22.5.1 SATA controller initialization steps od Rev3,2016 T2080RM, there I'm getting status as

SSTATUS :

IPM : Device not present or communication not established

SPD : First-generation communication rate negotiated.

DET: Device presence detected but PHY communication not established

HSTATUS:

HS_ON : The SATA controller is operational.

HS_OFF : Host is not in process going offline

OP_MODE : The host controller is operating in legacy mode.

PR : Phy Not ready.

I'm new to SATA,  I want to know whether there is a way to check the physical link between SerDes and SATA device is fine? Any Register read which will tell the Physical link status?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
amarnathmb
Contributor III

Hi,

Issue is solved. In our case the PLL was not getting locked, but when we do HRESET it was getting locked and SATA device is listed under devs.

When i do steps in  22.5.1 SATA controller initialization steps od Rev3,2016 T2080RM after the PLL is locked, it gives the proper results.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
amarnathmb
Contributor III

Hi,

Issue is solved. In our case the PLL was not getting locked, but when we do HRESET it was getting locked and SATA device is listed under devs.

When i do steps in  22.5.1 SATA controller initialization steps od Rev3,2016 T2080RM after the PLL is locked, it gives the proper results.

0 Kudos