cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI setup on TWR-LS1021A

hchaumette
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to use an HDMI display (Lilliput 669GL), but can't get any signal. I use the Yocto board SDK, with linux-layerscape-sdk 3.12. I have both HDMI and the SII9021 HDMI controller drivers built-in (kernel configuration attached). At the moment, it seems the fsl_sii902x.c driver fails to probe at boot :

bus: 'i2c': add driver sii902x

bus: 'i2c': driver_probe_device: matched device 1-0039 with driver sii902x

bus: 'i2c': really_probe: probing driver sii902x with device 1-0039

sii902x 1-0039: probe

sii902x: probe of 1-0039 failed with error -1

i2c-core: driver [sii902x] registered

This error comes from function really_probe() in drivers/base/dd.c. Can it be the root of the issue?

As some people seem to have successfully used this interface for video output, is there any special kernel configuration or bootargs to enable it?

Regards,

Hubert

Original Attachment has been moved to: .config.zip

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

hchaumette
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for your replies, unfortunately I don't work on this board anymore. I did use the x11 yocto image.

I think what I needed is in the QorIQ SDK manual, chapter 6. There are jumper, rcw and kernel bootargs settings descripted here.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Kudos

kporenta
Contributor III

Hi,

did you set 'hdmi' in bootargs?

Example: root=/dev/ram rw ramdisk_size=100144 console=ttyLP0,115200 hdmi

Br, Klemen

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think the kernel configuration is OK.

Did you use a x11 image?

Is RCW QE-TDMA and  QE_TDMB setting to be "110" to use 2D-ACE?

Is SW3[6] setting to be OFF as TWR reference manual?

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hubert,

I have moved your question to the community where you will get support on your issue. If you have more question related to this Freescale product part please post your question in this community where I moved this thread.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Garabo

0 Kudos