cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full-featured HDLC-ports on ref boards with communication processor

Jump to solution
nxp_serge81
Contributor II

Hi. I need a communication processor with HDLC-port for my project. The problem is it seems there is no a ref board with full-featured HDLC (TxCLK+TxData, RxCLK+RxData - sync and full-duplpex interface). TWR-MPC8309 board has two async half-duplex RS485 interfaces only. LS 1043A RDB, LS 1088A RDB, LS 1020A RDB don't have HDLC-ports at all! Is it possible to use GPIOs and write my own driver to get high-speed serial interface (up to 25 Mbps)? Is it possible to solder wires to TWR-MPC8309 to directly connect to MPC8309 HDLC-ports?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the MPC830x Processor Evaluation Kit. This board supports HDLC TDM. Full documentation is available in the Linux BSP for NXP MPC8309-KIT:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MPC8309-KIT_Linux_BSP&appType=license&Parent_nodeId=1281...

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the MPC830x Processor Evaluation Kit. This board supports HDLC TDM. Full documentation is available in the Linux BSP for NXP MPC8309-KIT:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MPC8309-KIT_Linux_BSP&appType=license&Parent_nodeId=1281...

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos