Flashing u-boot in FRDM-LS1012A with Codewarrior using CMSIS-DAP fails

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing u-boot in FRDM-LS1012A with Codewarrior using CMSIS-DAP fails

anooja_s
Contributor I

I am trying to update  u-boot image in FRDM - LS1012A using CMSIS-DAP debugger with CodeWarrior Development Studio for QorIQ LS series - ARM V8 ISA.

So far I have done the followings steps:

1. Loaded the cmsis dap firmware provided in this thread in K20.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/387080?commentID=840141#comment-840141 

2. Followed the steps mentioned in CodeWarrior Development Studio for QorIQ LS series - ARM V8 ISA Targeting Manual, Rev. 11.2.2, 10/2016 for flash programming. 

When I execute the cwflash.py script  the following messages are shown.

Starting flash programmer services...
Starting local server...
Successfully started gdb server 127.0.0.1:45001.
Set gdb remote timeout to 7200
Connecting to target...
Using LS1012A SoC
Using CMSIS-DAP
Using jtag speed 6000
Connecting to probe...
ccs:USB open failure
CCS: TAP USB open failure.
connection failed
Target connection failed. Please re-check the settings.

Processor: LS1012A
Probe: CMSISDAP (20000203F89C7E6D0560A195)
//
Additional error details:
[CCS: TAP USB open failure]

Closing debugger server...
Error: fail to start flash programming services.

Can some one point, where am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Anooja

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Anooja S,

Please connect LS1012FRDM to your PC with USB cable directly, then open device manager to get mbed serial port.

Please put the attached cwflash.py in the folder Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\gdb_extensions\flash, please modify the following line in this file, please modify "COM9" to the mbed serial port number on your PC.

PROBE_CONNECTION = "cmsisdap:COM9"

Then open CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\gdb\bin\aarch64-fsl-gdb.exe, type "source C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\gdb_extensions\flash\cwflash.py", then you could perform QSPI operation as I mentioned previously.

Please put images files in

C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2018.01\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\gdb\bin, and execute the following command.

fl_unprotect 0x0 0x4000000

fl_write 0x0 firmware_ls1012ardb_uboot_qspiboot  --erase

If your RCW is broken, probably there is problem to connect to the target, please configure the signal CLK_OUT(R50) to configure RCW source as hard-coded RCW first.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anooja_s
Contributor I

This problem was solved by installing usb driver for CMSIS DAP probe. To install the driver follow the instructions in

Freescale/CW4NET_v2018.01/Common/CCS/drivers/usb/readme.cmsisdap.txt

0 Kudos