Error in standalone u-boot compilation for QorIQ T1042

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in standalone u-boot compilation for QorIQ T1042

debduttabanerje
Contributor III

I am compiling the u-boot with standalone toolchain installed in /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0

to use the toolchain, I source the /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/environment-setup-ppc64e5500-fsl-linux. Its OK since I verified by compiling a simple C program.

But when compiling u-boot I get the error:

powerpc64-fsl-linux-ld.bfd: skipping incompatible /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/ppc64e5500-fsl-linux/usr/lib64/powerpc64-fsl-linux/4.9.2/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
powerpc64-fsl-linux-ld.bfd: cannot find -lgcc

Screenshot attached. SDK version: QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

houtpeng
Contributor I

I have the same problem when I compile the U-Boot for B4860QDS with standalone toolchain installed in /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0. The error is:

CC      examples/standalone/hello_world.o
  LD      examples/standalone/hello_world
powerpc64-fsl-linux-ld.bfd: skipping incompatible /opt/fsl-qoriq/2.0/sysroots/ppc64e6500-fsl-linux/usr/lib64/powerpc64-fsl-linux/4.9.2/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
powerpc64-fsl-linux-ld.bfd: cannot find -lgcc
make[3]: *** [examples/standalone/hello_world] error 1

And anybody can help me resolve the problem, Thanks!

0 Kudos

debduttabanerje
Contributor III

Hi,

I think you have to use the 32bit toolchain. Obtain it from NXP site as give above.

I was recommended to use the toolchain from ISO and not from SDK.

Hope this help !!

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do the following:

1. Obtain the 32-bit binary disc image for e5500-based processors. The link below is the entry point to the download  procedure, note there are no shortcuts:
http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/more-processors/application-specific-mcu...
The name of the image should be something like "QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0 PPCE5500 IMAGE.iso"

2.  Mount the disc and cd to fsl-toolchain/

3. Execute one of the installation scripts in that directory, whichever appropriate for your host architecture.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

debduttabanerje
Contributor III

From the following discussion I find that the 32-bit toolchain should be used for u-boot:

standalone compilation of u-boot for T1040 using QORIQ SDK1.7 

but not sure how to install the 32-bit toolchain?

I mean how to install the toolchain from SDK iso, and not via bitbake, as mentioned there?

This file is present: "fsl-qoriq-glibc-x86_64-ppc64e5500-toolchain-2.0.sh"

but this file is not present; "fsl-qoriq-glibc-x86_64-ppce5500-toolchain-2.0.sh" 

0 Kudos

akhilr
Contributor I

i think the error is incompatible version of gcc, may be you are compiling for 32-bit on a 64 bit machine so it cant find -lgcc. try adding LDFLAGS += -m32  to examples/standalone/Makefile

0 Kudos