Does the Layerscape QorIQ LS1043A Support PTP (1588, precision timing protocol) over 10GBE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Layerscape QorIQ LS1043A Support PTP (1588, precision timing protocol) over 10GBE?

Jump to solution
sneyen
Contributor I

Hi, 

I see the LS1043A supports Ethernet 1588 which is precision timing protocol. I also see it has 5 available 1GBE Ethernet interfaces, and a single XFI interface which operates at 10G. I would like to know if the 10G interface from the XFI supports 1588/PTP as it seems the other 1GBE interfaces do.

This is not clear to me from the datasheet, but if this is specified somewhere please do point me there. 

Thanks!

1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

I think you can find that in the QorIQ LS1043A Data Path Acceleration Architecture (DPAA) Reference Manual. It says: "The 1588 timer module interfaces to up to an unlimited number of 10/100/1000 MB or 10G Ethernet MAC". mEMAC Features Summary also says that it has 1588 timestamping. The mEMAC supports 10/100/1000 MB and 10G.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

I think you can find that in the QorIQ LS1043A Data Path Acceleration Architecture (DPAA) Reference Manual. It says: "The 1588 timer module interfaces to up to an unlimited number of 10/100/1000 MB or 10G Ethernet MAC". mEMAC Features Summary also says that it has 1588 timestamping. The mEMAC supports 10/100/1000 MB and 10G.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

sneyen
Contributor I

Thank you for pointing me to that reference manual. Yes, I see the quote you copied in section 7.1 of that manual. I think this does answer my question in that PTP is supported over any of the ethernet interfaces. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos