Does T4240 support ppc64le architecture like IBM's POWER8? I want to run Nvidia's CUDA on T4240

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does T4240 support ppc64le architecture like IBM's POWER8? I want to run Nvidia's CUDA on T4240

Jump to solution
Contributor I

I want to run Nvidia's CUDA library on T4240 , Nvidia says CUDA library is ready for x86_64 or ppc64le.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The e6500 cores of the T4240  have ppc64 architecture. Although it supports little endian functionality, it does not fully implement the necessary instructions in way like Power8 processor which has ppc64le architecture.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The e6500 cores of the T4240  have ppc64 architecture. Although it supports little endian functionality, it does not fully implement the necessary instructions in way like Power8 processor which has ppc64le architecture.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Contributor I

Thank you, got it!

0 Kudos