cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does DPAA have to use DPDK?

Jump to solution
liangyong
Contributor II

Does DPAA have to use DPDK?(DPAA必须要用DPDK吗?)

Is it possible to use only DPAA, not DPDK, to pass network data through the Linux kernel?(只用DPAA,不用DPDK,让网络数据通过linux内核,是否可以?)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the Layerscape Software Development Kit User Guide, 8.2 DPAA1-specific Software:

https://docs.nxp.com/bundle/GUID-487B2E69-BB19-42CB-AC38-7EF18C0FE3AE/page/GUID-BA833D96-0E1B-4C1B-A...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Is it possible to use only DPAA, not DPDK, to pass network data through the Linux kernel?

The question is not clear because the DPAA (Data Path Acceleration Architecture) represents a set of hardware modules:

DPAA1 QMan, BMan, and FMan

DPAA2 QBMan, WRIOP, and optionally AIOP

DPAA2 and DPAA1 are relatives in that they both use generic hardware-based queues.

DPDK is a user space packet processing framework.

USDPAA is no longer supported as an API for direct customer use.

0 Kudos
liangyong
Contributor II

I did not use DPDK on the LS1043 device, but I saw that DPAA was selected in the linux kernel configuration (Device Drivers> Network device support> Ethernet driver support->DPAA Ethernet). If the DPAA Ethernet is removed from the Linux kernel configuration, the network card will not be recognized.
Therefore, I think that DPDK is not used at this time, but DPAA is used.
在LS1043设备上我没有使用DPDK,但我在linux内核配置中看到了DPAA被选(Device Drivers > Network device support > Ethernet driver support->DPAA Ethernet)。如果linux内核配置中去掉DPAA Ethernet,网卡就不能被识别。
所以,我认为这个时候没有使用DPDK,但用到了DPAA。

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the Layerscape Software Development Kit User Guide, 8.2 DPAA1-specific Software:

https://docs.nxp.com/bundle/GUID-487B2E69-BB19-42CB-AC38-7EF18C0FE3AE/page/GUID-BA833D96-0E1B-4C1B-A...

liangyong
Contributor II

I encountered two problems when using the ls1043 device: (1) Use iperf2 to test Gigabit TCP traffic. windows->linux is only 200-300Mbps; linux->linux is the correct gigabit. (2) The linux kernel conntrack_ftp module used by iptables is abnormal. The above two problems have not been encountered on computers and other devices. I don't know if it is the cause of DPAA.
我在使用ls1043设备时候遇到两个问题:
(1)用iperf2测试千兆口TCP流量。windows->linux只有200-300Mbps;linux->linux是正确的千兆。
(2)iptables 用到的linux内核conntrack_ftp模块不正常。
以上两个问题,在电脑和其他设备上都没有遇到。不知道是不是DPAA的原因。

Tags (1)
0 Kudos