DUART stops responding when stressed it by sending lots of data to LS1021A-TWR?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUART stops responding when stressed it by sending lots of data to LS1021A-TWR?

skhasanujjaman
Contributor I

Hello,

I am developing the DUART driver for the board TWR-LS1021A-PB. DUART works fine as long as you don't stress it by sending lots of data to the target. In the situation when serial communication stops, if I reset the MBED controller (by plug in/plug out the USB cable), serial seems to work again. In my understanding the problem may be in the Windows driver (mbedWinSerial_16466.exe) or in the MBED firmware (k20dx128_if_mbed.bin). Please find below the details of my test environment.

Host PC: Windows x86

Serial Driver: mbedWinSerial_16466.exe

Serial Port Configuration: 115200-8-N-1

Host application: Send/receive data to/from the target board (TWR-LS1021A-PB). 

Target board: TWR-LS1021A-PB

UART controller: DUART1

Clock input to the UART controller : 150 MHz (Platform clock / 2, where Platform clock is 300 MHz)

Baud rate set : 115200 bps

During debugging, I have observed that the UART driver in the target board is still alive when the communication fails between the host and the target. That means if I reset the MBED controller the communication gets established again.

Has anyone faced this kind of issue? Is there any workaround?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We do not have information about problem for using MBED UART on the TWR-LS1021A board.

Can you test your board using NXP SDK? This SDK uses MBED UART as console port for u-boot and Linux.

Is there problem for sending lots of data to the TWR-LS1021a board if u-boot is used on the TWR-LS1021a board?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos