Can I disable secure boot in P1010 forever?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I disable secure boot in P1010 forever?

cq_wangwei_me
Contributor I

Now, I am use P1010 cpu in the system. I use normal uboot&linux image booting from nor flash, not secure boot and never touch sfp fuse in P1010. 

Sometimes I find that the cpu cannot boot uboot and no uboot print info in the uart console. When I power off and power on it again, it is the same. Then I use codewarrior usb tape to connnet the cpu, but the codewarrior software ask for a 64bit response word, and I also do not known the word. 

This problem is cased by hardware or software and maybe where? Can I skip this problem by disble secure boot completely and how?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look P1010 Reference Manual, Section 4.5.3.16 "Secure boot configuration"

If "Intent to secure" fuse is not blown, you can pull-up HRESET_REQ_B during reset to disable secure boot.

This pin has internal weak pull-up, however if you have anything connected to this pin (I'm quite sure you do have), than this internal weak pull-up may be not adequate and external pull-up or active driver is required. Please see device datasheet, Table 1, Note 3 below the table.

Both mentioned documents are available for download from P1010 Product Page, "Documentation" tab:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/power-architecture-processors/qoriq-pla...

0 Kudos

cq_wangwei_me
Contributor I

Thanks for your suggestion.

If the cfg_sb_dis is not external pull-up suitably, P1010 may enter secure boot mode. Does the cpu  not never enter non-secure boot mode by power up again if pull-up resister is ok? It seams that the cpu is locked by it self and I must replace the cpu. Now i use a 4.7k pull-up resister to 3.3v.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If pull-up is ignored, than this means "Intent to secure" fuse is blown.

0 Kudos