cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Interface over SPI on T1040 SOC

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello,

I am looking to use external CAN interface over SPI bus interface on T1040 SoC. I have finalised the external CAN controller IC as MCP2515 which is standalone CAN controller over SPI.

I have seen in the kernel mcp2515 device driver is available in the drivers/net/can.

Now, I just want to understand , how i can add the details about this in the device tree and how assing the customised interface pins in the device tree?

I am newbee in the device tree (Previously i used board configuration files, where directly do the pin muxing but here not able to understand how in DT?). I have gone through some documentation of device tree.

If any one already have some experinece on same, please share how i can proceed further, how i can add the details of the pins and device driver in the device tree.

Thanks in advance !!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following page:

http://www.microchip.com/forums/m732333.aspx

See also attached file. It is documentation for the MCP2515x driver. This file is available in kernel folder of the T1040RDB  SDK 2.0:

/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_t1040d4rdb/tmp/work/t1040d4rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/can

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos