Booting a P2020 from an SD Card - Missing Files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting a P2020 from an SD Card - Missing Files

mikegreenge
Contributor I

I am currently trying to follow the Freescale guide for booting from an SD card here http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN3659.pdf

However, I am mostly struggling to locate all of the prerequisite files at this time:

• RAM-based U-Boot image (u-boot.bin)
  • Kernel image (uImage)
  • Flat device tree file (mpc8536ds.dtb)
  • Root file system (rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot)

If I were to be in possession of all these files, I am fairly confident I can run through the instructions with ease, it is just a case of finding these files in the first place which appears to be the trouble.

Could anybody tell me where I can get each of the above please?

Thank you,

Mike

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike Green,

All these image could be built from QorIQ SDK. Also there are pre-built images in the SDK.

Linux® SDK for QorIQ Processors v1.8|Freescale

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos

mikegreenge
Contributor I

Do you mean that these files are required simply to build an image for flashing to the SD Card? If so, does this mean I could simply use one of the pre-built images on the SDK to boot the P2020 from?

I have looked at the SDK before and came across those pre-built images. How exactly do I go about using those pre-built images on the P2020 once I have found them?

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike Green,

Sorry for late reply.

Yes, if you use official Demo board, you could directly use those pre-built images.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos