cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSC9131 usb tap

Jump to solution
symsong
Contributor II

Hi,I'm working with BSC9131RDB and I find that now the usp tab should be bought by myself,but the question is that it looks like the usb tap for StarCore to the ONCE header on the board differs from the usb tap for JTAP/COP Power Architecture to the COP header,is that right?Or I just need buy one usb tap and use a transeverter or something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sym song,

Please buy only one CodeWarrior TAP from CodeWarrior TAP|NXP , and buy Probe tip for QorIQ(CWH-CTP-COP-YE) from  Power Architecture processor for CodeWarrior|NXP , and Probe tip for StarCore DSPs(CWH-CTP-STC-YE) from StarCore DSP Probe Tips for CodeWarrior TAP|NXP separately.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sym song,

Please buy only one CodeWarrior TAP from CodeWarrior TAP|NXP , and buy Probe tip for QorIQ(CWH-CTP-COP-YE) from  Power Architecture processor for CodeWarrior|NXP , and Probe tip for StarCore DSPs(CWH-CTP-STC-YE) from StarCore DSP Probe Tips for CodeWarrior TAP|NXP separately.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
symsong
Contributor II

Thanks so much,but if I want to connect StarCore3850 and e500 simultaneously,should I use two codeworrior taps?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sym song,

You could configure JTAG as PA-only and full-chain mode through switch setting, please refer to the following.

SW6:3 SW6:4    TAPs used          JTAG Topology

ON        ON             1                    E500 + SC3850 accessed through COP

OFF      OFF            2                    E500 accessed through COP, SC3850 accessed through ONCE

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos
symsong
Contributor II

I get it,so if I choose sw6:3 and sw6:4 off mode,I should use two taps right?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, you are right.

0 Kudos
symsong
Contributor II

Thanks,it really helps

0 Kudos