Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Processor Resource Through MBED JTAG

Jump to solution
pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm having an LS1021a-iot board. It is having JTAG programmer for both LS1021a processor as well as for mbed interface. Is it possible to access the NOR flash connected to LS1 processor through qspi interface, using the JTAG interface for MBED interface? Does a J-Link debugger can do it? Is is possible to load PBL to QSPI flash using mbed JTAG connector?

Thanks in advance
Pranav

1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pranav,

You can use CodeWarrior for ARMv7, to read/write the NOR flash using MBED interface. For using CMSIS-DAP interface, Evaluation version is enough, so no payment on your side.

Adrian

View solution in original post

11 Replies
prabinca4u
Contributor III

Hi Adrian

Thanks alot for the reply

Let me try this......

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just use a usb cable connected to MBED interface (J25 on IOT board). No need of CodeWarrior tap. After that, create a bareboard project in CodeWarrior for ARMv7, selecting LS1021AIOT as board and CMSIS-DAP as Connection Type (CMSIS-DAP is implemented in the Kinetis MK22FX512).

Ensure SW2.8 is in the ON position to select CMSIS-DAP operation.

Adrian

pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi Adrian,

Is it J25 or J26 on IOT Board? You mean to connect the board with PC using a micro USB cable? While trying to debug we got some error. I've attached the error message. We have done on 32 bit windows 7 PC.Screenshot005.jpg

Thanking You,

Pranav

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, connect the board with the PC using mini usb port. Also, check the device manager from your machine, to verify that the CMSIS-DAP device is installed correctly.

Adrian

pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi

In device manager it is showing as USB Mass storage Device. So what to do next, can you pleas guide me for the same

Thanks

0 Kudos
prabinca4u
Contributor III

Hi Adrian

For reading/writing to QSPI connected LS1 through MBED JTAG/SWD Interface, Then we need a Code warrior tap with have the support of Kinetics family of MBED controller?...Since Our MBED is MK22FX512Axxx12.

Or we have to use any other debugger instead of code warrior.

Have you done this ever with any utility and debugger. If it is yes then how you did.

Please help me if you can.

Any advise is very helpful at this time.

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pranav,

You can use CodeWarrior for ARMv7, to read/write the NOR flash using MBED interface. For using CMSIS-DAP interface, Evaluation version is enough, so no payment on your side.

Adrian

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Is it possible to access the NOR flash connected to LS1 processor through qspi interface, using the JTAG interface for MBED interface?

Yes it's possible.

Does a J-Link debugger can do it?

Not sure for this, you could contact SEGGER to check.

Is is possible to load PBL to QSPI flash using mbed JTAG connector?

If you mean PBL image consumed by PBL block, it's possible.

Regards

Lunmin

pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi Lunmin,
Thanking you for putting forward your effort in this issue. I've most of answers that I need on your reply.
In the question what I mean by PBL is the RCW data.

Still I'm having some more doubts, can you please share which tool (Debugger and Application) can be used to write the RCW and u-boot for LS1021A on to the QSPI NOR Flash through mded JTAG interface? And will the board boot up without SD card, by taking image from QSPI flash?

Thanking You,

Pranav

0 Kudos
sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Pranav

I just would like to add that we use the jtag probe BDI3000

(from Abatron) which has the ability to override RCW or

RCW_SRC for hard-coded RCW values. This way I am able

to boot a board with empty flash and then run u-boot. After

this it is usually possible to program the SPI NOR from the

boot loader. The JTAG probe I am using connects via COP

interface of LS1021.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sinan Akman

pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi Sinan,

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible to read/write the NOR flash connected to LS1021A processor using the JTAG for mbed interface (MK22FX512V)?

Thanking You
Pranav

0 Kudos