cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About tsntool

Jump to solution
LLLiweihua
Contributor I

It is well known that Marvell's TSN switch chips support remote management frames with special DSA tag to config TSN. Is the function of NXP's tsntool similar to this?

At the same time, I noticed that tsntool does not support LS1021ATSN, but supports LS1028ATSN. My question is why LS1021ATSN is not supported? Is it possible to modify tsntool myself to support LS1021ATSN?

Thanks a lot.

BR.

Liweihua

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. Cannot.

2. It is impossible to configure LS1021ATSN with tsntool.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

TSN tool cannot be used on LS1021ATSN.

On the LS1021A-TSN platform, TSN features are provided by the SJA1105TEL Automotive Ethernet switch. The SJA1105 switch is supported in the Real-time Edge Linux kernel using the Distributed Switch Architecture (DSA) framework

The following kernel configuration options are available for controlling its features: • CONFIG_NET_DSA_SJA1105: enables base support for probing the SJA1105 ports as 4 standalone net devices capable of sending and receiving traffic • CONFIG_NET_DSA_SJA1105_PTP: enables additional support for the PTP Hardware Clock (PHC), visible in /dev/ptp1 on the LS1021A-TSN board, and for PTP timestamping on the SJA1105 ports •

CONFIG_NET_DSA_SJA1105_TAS: enables additional support for the Time-Aware Scheduler (TAS), which is configured via the tc-taprio qdisc offload

tsntool is a tool to set the TSN capability of the Ethernet ports of TSN Endpoint and TSN switch. It's used on LS1028a platform, so enable TSN, ENETC_TSN, and MSCC_FELIX_SWITCH_TSN to support tsntool configuration on LS1028a.

yipingwang_0-1668673168806.png

0 Kudos
LLLiweihua
Contributor I

Hello yiping,

Thanks for your reply, but please notice my questions are:

1. Can tsntool configure NXP‘s switch chips by sending dsa frame with special DSA tag?

2. I only have LS1021ATSN at hand. If I want to configure it with tsntool, what should I do? Modify the kernel? Or simply modify tsntool?

BR.

Liweihua

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. Cannot.

2. It is impossible to configure LS1021ATSN with tsntool.