Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about the NAND address of the LS1021A IFC

Jump to solution
hwei
Contributor III

Hi,

I have some problems to figure out the NAND address in uboot.

CONFIG_SYS_NAND_BASE     

0x7e800000

1) Why does it begin from 0x7e800000?

2) If I don't have any NOR flash, can I set it to 0x60000000?

3) If I have two NAND flashes, what's the next address? first address + 64K?

Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello H Wei,

According to LS1021ARM Reference Manual, the fixed memory map is used(as Adrian mentioned above), this is different with Power Arch, please refer to the following, so you need to allocate the IFC devices inside the range 0x60000000 to 0x7fffffff.

pastedImage_0.png

You could assign your IFC NAND device at 0x60000000.

NAND Flash is IO device, and only SRAM within NAND Flash is mapped to the system memory map, for example LS1021QDS 1M is allocated in CW initialization file.

In addition, please pay attention to other device for example 0x7FB0_0000 - 0x7FB0_0FFF is for Board CPLD.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hwei
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

Thanks for your reply.

I notice the SRAM buffer in IFC, but I'm a little confused.

In RM 25.5.5, it mentions the buffer RAM size is 16-KB, right? Why is the NAND Space in IFC set to 64KB (7E80_FFFF - 7E80_0000)?

The total space for LS1021AQDS NAND is 3M(7FB0_0000 - 7E80_0000) , right?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello H Wei,

NAND Flash is an IO device, not a memory map device unlike NOR Flash, it only maps the SRAM buffer to the system memory map, it's fine to allocate a larger space than the real, 64K or 1M.

It seems the NAND Flash is 32M, you could get it from u-boot boot log.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
hwei
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

OK, thanks, larger than the SRAM buffer size.

By the way, the NAND flash of LS1021AQDS board is 512M 8-bit NAND flash.

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LS1021A have a fixed memory map. IFC region 1 (0-512MB) starts from 6000_0000 ends at 8000_0000. IFC region 2 (512MB-4GB) starts from 6_2000_0000 ends at 7_0000_0000.

Adrian

hwei
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Yes, I have already got that, I'm not sure if I can assign it freely and what's the space size

Thanks

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can assign NAND device starting with 0x6000_0000, 1MB size (if the NAND buffer is 1MB). Also, the second NAND device, in this case, can be assigned starting with first address + buffer. Also, make sure both NAND devices fit in IFC region.

Adrian

0 Kudos
hwei
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Sorry, I'm confused about the buffer size. How could I figure out the NAND buffer size? I think the SRAM buffer size should be 16KB, why is it 64KB or 1MB?

Thanks

0 Kudos