cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on P1020RDB board uboot prints not displayed on the console

priyathamodela
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am working on P1020RDB-PC board. with the factory Uboot image I could get the uboot console and boot the board through NFS.

I tried to change the Uboot Environment variable's and saved the environment variables.

after i rebooting the board I am unable to see the uboot prints on the serial console. I am not sure what went wrong with Environment variables

and on the board eTSEC2 lights are blinking continously.

can any body please tell me what the issue could be, and what is the procedure to flash a new uboot on to the

board

thanks

priyatham

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is possible that you modified the console settings. If you changed the $consoledev and $baudrate and you know the new values, you can set your terminal according. If not, you should use a FlashProgrammer (for example the one from CodeWarrior) to reprogram uboot or/end uboot user vars.

The address where you should program uboot or/end uboot user vars are displayed in this link.

Adrian

0 Kudos

priyathamodela
Contributor I

Thanks Adrian-Mihai Stoica for your reply,

I am not sure about them console settings, i need to reprogram the uboot.

To flash uboot, is their any need for an external hardware device to be connected to the P1020RDB board.

can please point me how to flash uboot onto P1020RDB-PC.

thanks

Priyatham

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All necessary steps for using CodeWarrior Flash Programmer are describe in attached document. Also you should have a probe (usb tap, cwtap + CWH-CTP-COP-YE

, ethernet tap, gigabit tap) connected between your machine and target board and CodeWarrior for Power Architecture.

Adrian

priyathamodela
Contributor I

Thanks Adrian,

0 Kudos