how to assign codewarrior ide console to print BSC9131RDB printf statements?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign codewarrior ide console to print BSC9131RDB printf statements?

manjanagoudapat
Contributor III

Hello,

can anybody explain, why my BSC9131rdb prints always on serial port while debugging using codewarrior tap.

I want to print the debug messages on the codewarrior  ide console,please someone  explain me how to do it.

Regards

manju patil

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In BSC9131RDB_README file you can find the necessary steps for redirecting output to debugger console instead of UART driver. 

"If you want to redirect output to a debugger console instead of UART driver,  please follow above instruction to remove UART1_BSC9131RDB from the project and instead use the ‘syscall.a’ library from <CWInstallDir>\PA\PA_Support\SystemCallSupport\Lib\syscall.a or the project Lib Folder. Also please make sure you "Activate Support for System Services" in the "System Call Services" sub-tab from the "Debugger" tab in the corresponding debug launch configuration. Also please make sure you have the correct library listed in the "Other objects" panel in the project's Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Power PC Linker > Input."

Adrian

0 Kudos

jimccall
Contributor I

Hi manjanagouda,

Did you ever figure out how to print to the CodeWarrior IDE Console instead of the UART console? I looked at Pavel's recommendations and they are just for serial I/O....not CODEWARRIOR console I/O.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the "Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf" document in CodeWarrior folder.

Find the "Specify Console I/O Redirections for the Linux Application" section and "Establish a Console Connection" section in this document.

See also "Using Console I/O" section in the "Power Arch Build Tools Reference.pdf" file.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos