cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet problems with u-boot and b4860qds

victorgomez
Contributor II

Hi all!

I got a loaner from freescale as they sent ut a new board. This loaner is a b4860qds board. When I try to use tftp commands in u-boot to flash to the board, I get this:

Retry count exceeded; starting again

FM1@DTSEC5 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... TIMEOUT !

FM1@DTSEC5: No link.

FM1@DTSEC6 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... TIMEOUT !

FM1@DTSEC6: No link.

FM1@TGEC1: Tx buffer not ready

Using FM1@TGEC1 device

TFTP from server 10.10.1.42; our IP address is 10.10.65.24

Filename '/tftpboot/lahav-b4860qds-loaner/rcw_new.bin'.

Load address: 0x1000000

Loading: FM1@TGEC1: Tx buffer not ready

T FM1@TGEC1: Tx buffer not ready

Only the J20 ethernet port seems to work (green light), so I am using that one. All parameters are good as far as I can tell. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your IP address and IP address of your TFTP server is different. Test your board if the B4860QDS IP address is 10.101.24 or similar.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

victorgomez
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the IP address of the b4860qds s 10.10.65.24, the IP address of the server is 10.10.1.42, and the mask is 255.255.0.0. This exact configuration works well with another b4860qds board we have in the same subnet. So this cannot be because of the configuration. I believe there is a hardware problem with the ethernet device.

I think I will return the board to freescale.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you use the same netmask on your PC and your gateway?

Test your board using ping command from u-boot and ipaddr 10.10.1.xx.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos