cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure UCC in SDLC mode in MPC8309

amanagantivinod
Contributor III

Hi All,

We are using MPC8309 processor in our project, and need to configure its one of UCCs in SDLC mode. I have gone through the QEIWRM (reference manual of QUICC engine) and found that ucc can operate in SDLC mode or HDLC or fully transparent mode (6.2 UCC Feature Set page 6-3).

In GUMR register transparent or HDLC protocol options available, how can we configure UCC to operate in SDLC mode.

As per my understanding HDLC is a supersaet of SDLC, but omitted several features present in SDLC.

Please provide your valuable comments on how can we use in SDLC mode, if not possible what kind of issues may a raise if we go with HDLC as it is compatible with SDLC protocol.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following pages about SDLC and HDLC difference:

http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/protocols-formats/difference-between-hdlc-and-sdlc/

http://www.rhyshaden.com/hdlc.htm

This information shows that HDLC example can be used as SDLC. See attached file.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

amanagantivinod
Contributor III

Hi Pavel,

We need to operate UCC in SDLC mode which is compatible IBM_GA27-3093-3_SDLC_Concepts.pdf, is it possible?

Do we have to add extra software logic on top of the UCC in HDLC mode, to make it working with SDLC devices [or to be compatible with SDLC] ?

Can you please share example code for SDLC mode using UCC?

0 Kudos

amanagantivinod
Contributor III

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your response, I will check and get back to you!!

0 Kudos