Yocto image build failed for imx8qmmek (gdbserver is not installable)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto image build failed for imx8qmmek (gdbserver is not installable)

lchen
Contributor III

Hi,

I am building the Yocto image for i.MX 8QuadMax mek following the Yocto project guide. It went through the compiling stage and failed at do_rootfs stage with the following error. I tried a couple of time also with repo sync again, still having the same issue.

ERROR: imx-image-full-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Unable to install packages. Command '/home/lijchen/hdd/ivdp/yocto/imx8/imx-yocto-bsp/build-imx8qmmek-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/apt-get install --allow-downgrades --allow-remove-essential --allow-change-held-packages --allow-unauthenticated --no-remove apt dpkg imx-uuc opencv-apps opencv-samples packagegroup-base-extended packagegroup-core-boot packagegroup-core-full-cmdline packagegroup-core-nfs-server packagegroup-core-sdk packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear packagegroup-core-standalone-sdk-target packagegroup-core-tools-debug packagegroup-core-tools-profile packagegroup-core-tools-testapps packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0 packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0-full packagegroup-fsl-optee-imx packagegroup-fsl-tools-audio packagegroup-fsl-tools-benchmark packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu-external packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps packagegroup-imx-ml packagegroup-imx-security packagegroup-qt5-imx packagegroup-tools-bluetooth psplash python3-opencv run-postinsts tzdata weston-init weston-xwayland xterm' returned 100:
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
packagegroup-core-tools-debug : Depends: gdbserver but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Any idea to fix this?

Thanks,

Lijun

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi lchen,

Which version of the BSP are you using?

The error usually is because one of the packages that you installed is not correct installed or your Linux system tries to install these dependencies on its own. But if the dependency package version is not available on your system, it gets confused as it has no way to solve this dependency problem.

This is why it informs you that the software you were trying to install depends on XYZ but this XYZ cannot be installed.

You could reboot your system and tried to install these again.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Israel.

0 Kudos

lchen
Contributor III

Hi Israel,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I did a clean build again, this time it passed. You are right, looks there is dependency pending or the concurrent threads are in deadlock.

Thanks,

Lijun

0 Kudos