Wakeup from VLLS3 using TSI configures through Processor Expert?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wakeup from VLLS3 using TSI configures through Processor Expert?

quevedo
Contributor V

Hello,

I am working on a small message panel using a Kinetis KL05 device. I want it to stay in a low-power mode, keeping the message to be displayed in RAM. Thus, I decided to enter VLLS3 mode. I want to wake up the device using a TSI electrode, and I have configured the PE TSS_Library component to use PTA9 as the wakeup electrode. CPU component is configured to FEI clock mode (default). I can use the Cpu_SetOperationMode() function to put the device into VLLS3, but my TSI electrode does not wake it up.

I am not using a FRDM board, it is a custom board, with an external USBDM debugger. There is an LED connected (cathode) to pin PTB1. The test project (CW10.6) is attached to this question.

I know that there are some examples for low-power wakeup, but I would prefer a step-by-step description of how can I program the device for working as described above. For example, if I have to configure RTC to hardware trigger the TSI, if I can use the LPO source for RTC, and so on.

Thanks in advance

Antonio

Original Attachment has been moved to: TestVLLS.zip

0 Kudos
1 Reply

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Antonio,

The TSS_Library component is provided by a Sensor team (they have developed the library and the Processor Expert Component). You can post your question on the Sensor community (Sensors ) if you need details.

I have checked your application and I see following issue:

The TSS Config Register Init\System Configuration Register\LowPower Enabled must be set to yes. See below:

TSS_library_low_power.png

The TSI functionality in the VLLS3 power mode is restricted, see the description in the reference manual:

TSI module is fully functional in all of the stop modes as long

as TSI_GENCS[STPE] is set. The channel specified by

TSI_DATA[TSICH] will be scanned upon the trigger. After

scan finishes, either end-of-scan or out-of-range interrupt can

be selected to bring MCU out of low power modes.

You must also configure the LLWU device and enabled TSI0 as the wake-up source.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos