Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version control - Path to user beans/components

Jump to solution
ozillator
Contributor I

Hey there,

in our group we heavily use PE to encapsulate functionality within embedded components (or beans) as we are using  CW 8.2.3 for M56800E.

Within the research group we are using a client system based on Windows 2003 Server. The user beans are saved in the common directory for all users: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Processor Expert\CW56800_PE2_99 directory.

This kind of poses a problem for version control. If somebody makes changes to a bean, it affects all the other developers. One solution would be, to redirect path for user components to the user directory. Is that possible?

I would also be very grateful for any other suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Steffen

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

it should be supported in the CW V10.3 for Eclipse, planned for Q4 2012. For now as workaround you coud create the UserDataPath.ini file within the following path:

Classic verison:

{CodeWarrior}\ProcessorExpert\Config\

and add the following on the first row:

UserBeanAndConfigPath=C:\myComponents\

I have verfied it with CW V6.3 for MCUs, so I assume it should work for your version too.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

it should be supported in the CW V10.3 for Eclipse, planned for Q4 2012. For now as workaround you coud create the UserDataPath.ini file within the following path:

Classic verison:

{CodeWarrior}\ProcessorExpert\Config\

and add the following on the first row:

UserBeanAndConfigPath=C:\myComponents\

I have verfied it with CW V6.3 for MCUs, so I assume it should work for your version too.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
ozillator
Contributor I

Hello,

thanks for the reply! It works! We've discussed within the group the most appropriate way to allow a user that logs on to the windows server to specify his custom PE directory. One possibility is a batch file that sets the path before launching the IDE, the second is to point to a net drive (e.g. N:\) under which the user then can connect his folder.

Or is there a more sophisticated way?

Offtopic: We would be really interested in your new eclipse based IDE. Our boards are based on DSP56F803 and MC56F8357. But as far as I get it, you do not offer support for 56000/56000E? Are you planning to add support to the CPUs?

Thanks!

Steffen

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

on eclipse for DSC: have a look at the CW for MCU10.2 (www.freescale.com/cwmcu10) which has added support for DSC.

BK

0 Kudos
ozillator
Contributor I

Thanks BK,

but as far as I can see, our two DSCs are not supported by the IDE. Or am I missing something?

Steffen

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Steffen,

right, I think this is an oversight on the web site.

I see MC56F8357 listed in the list of devices in MCU10.2 when I create a new project.

So you might give it a try and download 10.2.

BK

0 Kudos