Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60N512-KIT and CW_MCU_v10.1_SE : a lot of problems

Jump to solution
robertob
Contributor I

Hi,

yesterday i start with evaluation of TWR-K60N512-KIT and i find a lot of problems.

1)breakpoint doesn't work well.In some points of the program they are accepted,in other are ignored.

2)starting eclipse sometimes is hard,the program crash and i've to wait more than 3 minutes for start work.

3)Process expert is not robust.For example if you insert a timer at 1ms using the bean PIT,program crash during inizialization of the bean.

4)including some files like common.h gives error ,linker don't find the file and if i copy the file manualy i receive other error for file inclusion.So i can't try example of the KINETIS512_SC directory.

A bad start for a customer that use code warrior for DSC since 6 years without problems....

Thank for reply.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I have not currenlty the MK60-TWR board available, however after checking your project I have noticed that you have not enabled the clockgate for the Init_PIT peripheral and it seems it´s the fact that could cause the problem. Could you please check this according to enclosed screen-shot? I have also noticed that PIT module is not enabled (Property: Module) and there is missing PIT channel 0 flag clearing sequence.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

regarding to Processor Expert problems:

What do you mean by "Processor Expert is not robust"?

Could you pleas post here the project that leads you to getting the problem?

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
robertob
Contributor I

Hi,

see attached file.

Regards

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I have not currenlty the MK60-TWR board available, however after checking your project I have noticed that you have not enabled the clockgate for the Init_PIT peripheral and it seems it´s the fact that could cause the problem. Could you please check this according to enclosed screen-shot? I have also noticed that PIT module is not enabled (Property: Module) and there is missing PIT channel 0 flag clearing sequence.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
robertob
Contributor I

Hi,

you've right.

Now timer work.

Regarding my "robust" attribute given to process expert of CW 10.1,i refer to the capability of the software generated by the bean to  prevent crash by user error (or user missing) in the compilation of the bean attribute.

In any case ,which is the utility to  use a INIT_PIT bean without the clock-gate enable?In my opinion the bean never have to generate software that can cause crash (and in effect this don't happen in S08 and DSC processor expert tool).

Regarding point 1 of my previous questions,i've re-installed CW 10.1  ,remove the project,create new a new project and now beakpoint works.

Regarding point 2,i confirm instability of Eclipse (sometimes i've to reboot the PC).Moreover i've reinstalled driver of Open source BDM debug port 3 times because were lost.In one case driver were lost touching gnd pin of the tower with the gnd of the oscilloscope probe.

Regarding point 4,i'm waiting for suggestions.

Thank  for your help.

Best regards.

Roberto

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

Regarding to “robustness” – please note that you are using peripheral initialization components that provide complete initialization options but cannot guarantee correct function in case of incorrect setup.

In general PE provides two set of component

1 - Peripheral Initializataion – they only initialize peripherals and they are by default always setup to match the after reset values. They are intended for the experienced users who know peripheral in more detail and know what is necessary to setup for proper function.

2 - LDD, High-level – they provides additional runtime SW layer and they also handle other modules like clockgate needed for proper functionality of the peripheral they use.

You can find more details in PE help: CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V10.x > Processor Expert Manuals > Processor Expert Users Manual > Application Design > Basic Principles > Embedded Components > Component Categories

As you have noticed, the clockgate feature is disabled after reset on this Kinetis family so there is  triggered an interrupt because that clock gate is disabled and you are trying to write into registers of the PIT module. Anyway, as it seems to be confusing for more users,  we plan to add a warning to property that handles the clockgate to warn user that setting could lead to unwanted behavior.

Regarding HCS08 vs. Kinetis clockgate:

On most HCS08 MCUs peripheral clockgate is enabled after reset, so there is not this issue. However as far as I know there are a few exception where clockgate is disabled after reset but on HCS08 is not such interrupt as on Kinetis and the module just won´t run and you will not be able to write any value into peripheral registers.

Regarding other CodeWarrior issues, please enter a service request using the web: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.create_SR.framework

best regards
Vojtech Filip