cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRDS_PRTCL Picklist in the PBL component of QCS v3.0.5 doesn't match ref manual

Jump to solution
brianross
Contributor I

I am using the P3041 and have updated to QCS v3.0.5 from v3.0.4 and it appears that the SRDS_PRTCL graphical field in the PBL component no longer matches the reference manual.  See the inset from the reference manual and then the inset from the QCS tool as it is presented to me with v3.0.5.  For instance, I need to select option 0x0B and there is no 0x0B option present in the QCS nor is there any configuration in the graphical pane that matches configuration 0x0B from the reference manual.  This used to match in v3.0.4 that I had prior.  Any help would be appreciated.

ReferenceManual.jpg

QCS.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
IuliaDiaconescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian,

I checked and indeed the bug you mentioned is reproducible in QCS3.0.5.

This bug was fixed in our current mainline sources and will be available the next release (QCVS 4.0 in mid August).

Until then, you can use the following workaround, which allows you to select any SerDes protocol, even if it is not listed in the table. You can use that for any other RCW field.

• Press the “View Menu” in the top right corner on the tool (in the right side of Basic, Advanced, Expert menu)
  • Check Ignore Constraints and non-Critical Errors
  • Open the SerDes table, and notice in the bottom of the table the “Custom Bitfield Value”.
  • Write the desired protocol number in the format 0bxxxx, select “Custom Bitfield Value” radio button, press Apply.

P3041_SerDes_QCS3.0.5.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IuliaDiaconescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian,

I checked and indeed the bug you mentioned is reproducible in QCS3.0.5.

This bug was fixed in our current mainline sources and will be available the next release (QCVS 4.0 in mid August).

Until then, you can use the following workaround, which allows you to select any SerDes protocol, even if it is not listed in the table. You can use that for any other RCW field.

• Press the “View Menu” in the top right corner on the tool (in the right side of Basic, Advanced, Expert menu)
  • Check Ignore Constraints and non-Critical Errors
  • Open the SerDes table, and notice in the bottom of the table the “Custom Bitfield Value”.
  • Write the desired protocol number in the format 0bxxxx, select “Custom Bitfield Value” radio button, press Apply.

P3041_SerDes_QCS3.0.5.png

0 Kudos