S32G274A: Stop (STM) peripheral at breakpoint in Lauterbach debugger ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G274A: Stop (STM) peripheral at breakpoint in Lauterbach debugger ?

Jump to solution
SSyb
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am debugging a custom software stack on an S32G274A SoC (with an NXP S32G2-VNP-RDB2 board). My application is getting it's scheduling counter from an STM timer channel. (I tried PIT also earlier, but for some reason I did not get it to work, so I switched to STM).

However, while debugging, everytime I stop at a breakpoint, the STM timer compare register is stopped, but the STM counter register keeps running. The effect of this is that when continuing after the breakpoint, the STM interrupt will not come anymore and my scheduling is kind of broken.

Has anybody experienced this, and what is the eaiest trick to overcome this ? Can the STM timer (and maybe other IP modules) module be stopped at a breakpint too ?

I am using a Lauterbach ARM debugger.

best regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SSyb
Contributor III

Ok, I have found the solution myself, should have read the reference manual properly:

at  least for the STM timer module, there is a freeze control bit. Setting it to '1' means the timer freezes when the debugger halts at a breakpoint.

in AUTOSAR projects, the setting can be controlled in the EB Tresos MCAL configuration tool with StmFreeEnable bit of the GegenalPurposeTimer (Gpt) configuration module.

Problem solved

SSyb_0-1673349861188.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
nxf92355
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan

Thanks for using nxp community. Hope you are doing well

is problem solved ?

else which lauterbech kit you are using ? which tool you are using for debug ? like S32DS , trace32 or another.

Regard ,

Tushar

0 Kudos
SSyb
Contributor III

Hi Tushar,

the topic is still open. I am using the following equipment:

- Pod: Lauterbach Power Debug Interface USB 3

- Cable: ARM Cortex-M cable IDC20A

- software: Trace32, Release 2/22

means: pretty much the standard stuff.

SSyb_0-1672656156990.png

0 Kudos
SSyb
Contributor III

Ok, I have found the solution myself, should have read the reference manual properly:

at  least for the STM timer module, there is a freeze control bit. Setting it to '1' means the timer freezes when the debugger halts at a breakpoint.

in AUTOSAR projects, the setting can be controlled in the EB Tresos MCAL configuration tool with StmFreeEnable bit of the GegenalPurposeTimer (Gpt) configuration module.

Problem solved

SSyb_0-1673349861188.png