Did you mean: 

ProcessorExpert support for MK20DN512VLL10 LQFP

Jump to solution
holyhope
Contributor III

Hi to all

Now I have a big problem using Processor Expert.... I explane my situation

KDS 1.1.1

KSDK 1.0.0 (I have 1.1.0 ready but I preferred to stay on 1.0.0 because worked very well and I suppose is not usefull for my problem)

FRDM-K64

New uP: MK20DN512VLL10

I develop with K64 because is the only that have a demo board, now I want to switch with this uP: MK20DN512LL10

I try to switch with Processor Expert: I select a new uP and enebled that but, when I try to route the pin or use uartSupport, the processor expert return me this error:

selected processor does not support PinSettings component "MK20DN512LL10"

what I can do?

Many thanks,

Massimiliano

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Massimiliano:

Just as the error says, the PinSettings component is not available for K20, since that is a legacy Kinetis part and PinSettings component was recently introduced. Moreover, KSDK does not support MK20DN512VLL10 (check release notes). The latest version 1.1.0 supports K60_100 MHz parts which are very similar, so you may try to customize the library for your K20 part, although this may not be an easy task and you cannot use Processor Expert. A migration guide is being developed but I do not have an estimated release time yet.

A different solution for you would be to start with the baremetal examples (KINETIS512_V2_SC), downloadable from the next link, under "Snippets, boot code...".

K20_100 |Kinetis 20 100 MHz MCUs|Freescale

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Massimiliano:

Just as the error says, the PinSettings component is not available for K20, since that is a legacy Kinetis part and PinSettings component was recently introduced. Moreover, KSDK does not support MK20DN512VLL10 (check release notes). The latest version 1.1.0 supports K60_100 MHz parts which are very similar, so you may try to customize the library for your K20 part, although this may not be an easy task and you cannot use Processor Expert. A migration guide is being developed but I do not have an estimated release time yet.

A different solution for you would be to start with the baremetal examples (KINETIS512_V2_SC), downloadable from the next link, under "Snippets, boot code...".

K20_100 |Kinetis 20 100 MHz MCUs|Freescale

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
holyhope
Contributor III

Ok, many thanks

0 Kudos