cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of Ethernet_LDD config. on FDRM-K64F

rjchang0518
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm practicing ethernet communication on frdm-k64f, my first step is to build the simple project with only ethernet communication. However, I can't get any ethernet packet after many trying. The project with simple ethernet I build is attached file, the receiving code is from "help on component" on Processor Expert.
The environment of this project is Kinetis Design Studio 3.0 and KSDK 1.x.  The hardware is FRDM-K64F. 

The way I try to make ethernet packet receiving happen is to connect the ethernet directly to my PC via RJ45. I command PC to Ping the k64f via the network interface card, and network interface card broadcast the ARP request with Dest. addr. ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, as shown in photo by wireshark. wireshark_ping.JPGI expect k64f should receive this ethernet packet for the "Dest. addr. ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff", but I can't get any packet receiving event in debug mode.

I have already looked two similar post as below, but I still can't get any ethernet packet. 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Processor-Expert-Software/Ethernet-LDD-usage/td-p/286406

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/Anyone-using-K64F-FRDM-ethernet/m-p/314386#M13...

Can anyone help me out? Is there any problem in configuration of Processor Expert? or is the way I test wrong? or is there modification on FDRM-K64F needed for ethernet connection?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RachelGomez123
Contributor I

Click Start, then head to Settings > Update & Security. On the left pane menu, select Troubleshoot. From the Find and fix other problems section, click Network Adapter > Run the troubleshooter. Select Ethernet from the network adapters list and then click Next to start the troubleshooting process.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

0 Kudos

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I’m sorry for the late reply.

May I know if there is a specific reason to use Kinetis Design Studio? I strongly recommend you to switch to MCUXpresso IDE and make use of the SDK for the K64.

In the SDK, there is one example that sounds very similar of what you are trying to do. The example is called enet_txrx_transfer.

Best regards, Daniel.

0 Kudos

rjchang0518
Contributor II

Hi,

I really appreciate your reply, 

Because our many projects were developed on Kinetis Design Studio, and we are more familiar with this platform. Thank you for your advice, and we'll try learning MCUXpresso IDE in the coming future. 

But we need to build this project on Kinetis Design Studio at present for the integrity and stability with other peripherals which we developed before. 

Thank you again,

Roger.

0 Kudos