Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting code to a new microcontroller

Jump to solution
yoplait
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am a newbie in Code Warrior and I have this next problem: I have some code that is configured for MCF52223 microcontroller and M52223EVB. What I need is to port it to MCF2229 and the new M52229EVB. The project was created without Process expert … but with the old Init from Micro APL.

How can I do that. 

Any hints or links would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

If I understand your problem correctly. You have some old project created using CFInit tool for M52223EVB and now you need to port such created project to the Processor Expert project for the M52229EVB.

Generally Processor Expert do not support importing project from other tools like CFInit, and as far as I know that there is currently no plan to implement it in near future.

I think that the beast way would be to follow these steps:
1. Create new Processor Expert for M52223EVB in latest CodeWarriror V10.1
2. Setup the CPU component according to settings in CFInit tool

3. Add appropriate PE´s initialization components and setup them along your original project
4. Generate the code, try to make work and debug possible issues. If you have encounter any problems, you can compare values that are written to the same registers as it’s done in the code of your original project.
5.Use Change Device/Connection menu command switch to the M52259EVB. Details are provided in enclosed pdf file.
6. Do not forget setup the M52259 after this step according to M52223.

In case you problem will persist or you will encounter some problems please post here the original CFInit project.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

If I understand your problem correctly. You have some old project created using CFInit tool for M52223EVB and now you need to port such created project to the Processor Expert project for the M52229EVB.

Generally Processor Expert do not support importing project from other tools like CFInit, and as far as I know that there is currently no plan to implement it in near future.

I think that the beast way would be to follow these steps:
1. Create new Processor Expert for M52223EVB in latest CodeWarriror V10.1
2. Setup the CPU component according to settings in CFInit tool

3. Add appropriate PE´s initialization components and setup them along your original project
4. Generate the code, try to make work and debug possible issues. If you have encounter any problems, you can compare values that are written to the same registers as it’s done in the code of your original project.
5.Use Change Device/Connection menu command switch to the M52259EVB. Details are provided in enclosed pdf file.
6. Do not forget setup the M52259 after this step according to M52223.

In case you problem will persist or you will encounter some problems please post here the original CFInit project.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos