PE in 10.4, how to get Component Inspector to show port?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE in 10.4, how to get Component Inspector to show port?

Jump to solution
DustyStew
Contributor V

I created a new bareboard project, with PE enabled. PTA was initially configured with the TSI (I did nothing to cause this, it just came up that way). I needed to use some PTA pins for GPIOs, so I added the GPIO init component. This apparently worked and I was able to set the initialization parameters for PTA GPIOs. But the TSI was still there (for the other pins I presume) and so the icon inside the PTA box (on the chip graphic) displays a blue circle with some dots on it. The software knows there are multiple components for that port. Here's the problem. On all other ports, I can click on the box/graphic (on the chip graphic) and the component inspector will show the component. But for this one port where there are two components, it won't do that. No change. I have been searching menus for another way to select PTA but cannot find it.

So need a way to select a component in Component Inspector, other than clicking on the chip graphic.

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I'm not sure if I can follow you, maybe you could post a picture?

Anyway, to open the inspector for a component, I typically use the 'Components' view. This one lists all the components in the project, and I can double click on the component to open the inspector for it.

Or I right click and then select 'Inspector'.

See screenshot.

4253_4253.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

there may be some pins used by signals for the processor components or the pin may be reserved for GND/VCC functionality. You can find icon also on the processor package for each pin (see Processor view). The name of the component shall be displayed in the tooltip for the pin.

TSI component is not included in the project by default. It might be useful if you specify name of the processor, used in your project. For example for MK60DX256, there are some PTA pins used for NMI and JTAG by default - see configuration in processor component - Internal peripherals.

0 Kudos
DustyStew
Contributor V

Thanks Marek. The PTA pins are labelled as TSI, but in fact that 2nd component is the CPU, ie there are several pins on PTA that are used by the JTAG interface. The pin labelling on the graphic should indicate the usage of the pin.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I'm not sure if I can follow you, maybe you could post a picture?

Anyway, to open the inspector for a component, I typically use the 'Components' view. This one lists all the components in the project, and I can double click on the component to open the inspector for it.

Or I right click and then select 'Inspector'.

See screenshot.

4253_4253.png

0 Kudos
DustyStew
Contributor V

A more intuitive implementation: if there are multiple components for a port, and another port is shown in the Component Inspector, then clicking on that port in the chip graphic would show the first of the multiple components, or most recently viewed. If a component for that port is already shown in the Component Inspector, then Component Inspector would change to display the next component for the port. As you clicked, the component selected would progress through all components in a modulo fashion.

DustyStew
Contributor V

Thanks Erich. That works.

0 Kudos