cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.0 project without a kinetis board

Jump to solution
barbercolman
Contributor III

I want a PE project using MQX 4.0 and a MK20DN512VLK10 processor. I started with CW 10.3 and tried to create a new project. The only option is several Kinetis board that do not use the MK20DN512VLK10 part. I see my options as start with a bareboard and add MQX or start with a Kinetis board and switch processors. Which one is the better choice or is there a third option?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dale,

With over 300 part numbers in our Kinetis family, we don't have MQX BSPs for every Kinetis derivative.  But we do provide BSPs for our Tower development boards, and these boards use the superset devices for the other Kinetis derivatives.  So the best thing to do is pick a BSP closest to your derivative, and then modify it for your derivative and board.

MQX v4.0 has the BSPCloningWizard available to clone the closest BSP for you.  You can find it in \Freescale_MQX_4_0\tools\BSPCloningWizard, and when you launch it, you will find the instructions for using it.  Once you've cloned the BSP, you will have your BSP ready to customize for your derivative and board.

In the case of the MK20DN512VLK10, this is a 100MHz Kinetis device.  The closest MQX BSPs would be the twrk40d100m or twrk60d100m.  Both of those boards use superset devices to the MK20DN512VLK10.  Either would work as a good base, and you can pick the BSP closest to yours.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dale,

With over 300 part numbers in our Kinetis family, we don't have MQX BSPs for every Kinetis derivative.  But we do provide BSPs for our Tower development boards, and these boards use the superset devices for the other Kinetis derivatives.  So the best thing to do is pick a BSP closest to your derivative, and then modify it for your derivative and board.

MQX v4.0 has the BSPCloningWizard available to clone the closest BSP for you.  You can find it in \Freescale_MQX_4_0\tools\BSPCloningWizard, and when you launch it, you will find the instructions for using it.  Once you've cloned the BSP, you will have your BSP ready to customize for your derivative and board.

In the case of the MK20DN512VLK10, this is a 100MHz Kinetis device.  The closest MQX BSPs would be the twrk40d100m or twrk60d100m.  Both of those boards use superset devices to the MK20DN512VLK10.  Either would work as a good base, and you can pick the BSP closest to yours.

0 Kudos
barbercolman
Contributor III

Thanks

BSP wizard worked great.

Dale

0 Kudos