Is there any way to get a K66 Component in PEx for CW MCU 10.6.4?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get a K66 Component in PEx for CW MCU 10.6.4?

dmitriyc
Contributor III

Hello,

I have CodeWarrior MCU 10.6.4 . I am trying to migrate a board from a K60 to a K66 processor. Part of the BSP (mostly just clock config) is generated using PEx. I wanted to remove the K60 CPU component and add a K66, but K66 is not in the components library.

I have updated CW (update 5), and I can create new bareboard projects for K66. However, no K66 MCUs appear in the PEx library.

Is there any way to get the new CPU component in PEx for CodeWarrior? I have to use CodeWarrior because my project is based on MQX, and since new MQX development is being killed off, I cannot make a business case for migrating to MQX for KDS at this point.

If I have to create the component myself, I am OK with that, but please give me some pointers on how to get started.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am sorry but support of K66 MCUs in the CW MCU 10.6.x is not planned now. The CPU components of Processor Expert cannot be added by users, it is not possible due to restrictions.

I will create a new request for our development team to support this MCU in CW MCU 10.6.x but the implementation must be approved by our management. I will keep you informed.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

dmitriyc
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Here's an update for future reference in case anyone has the same question.

In a sense, K66 is supported in CW MCU 10.6.4. I can do bareboard projects, and memory map header file is there, the .map file is there, and it's on the list of devices for the P&E debug probe.

It took several days of work, but I was able to modify a K60 (TWRK60F120) BSP to run MQX 4.2 with MFS, RTCS, and Shell. I had to take out the DMA, NFC, and USB drivers to get it to work.

The biggest change was having to give up PEx completely and do clock management by hand. The clock module is noticeably different in K66, but after reading the datasheet, a working clock setup is doable.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

0 Kudos

anand_s
Contributor III

Hi Dmitriy,

I am also facing the same issue which you are mentioned here. I can create a bareboard project and .map file is there. What is the next step i have to do..How you modified K60 BSP? Can you please help me out..

Thanks,

Anand.S

0 Kudos