How to configure PE to enable USB in CW10.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure PE to enable USB in CW10.2

bugs
Contributor III

We have system use Kinetis MK60N512VMD10 with 10MHz crystal, I tried to use PE to configure the BSP, everything seems working except the USB doesn't work. The Virtual Com program doesn't provide a COM port. I have been using MQX3.7 and it works fine, but with MQX3.8+PE, It seems somewhere not right.

I am using the TWR-K60 BSP, added a new MK60 controller, and configure it according to the old one, but the generated code doesn't have Cpu_MCGAutoTrim() function, so I commented out the Cpu_MCGAutoTrim() function call, and get the BSP and VCOM compiled, but VCOM doesn't work.

Which option should I use to enable PE to generate Cpu_MCGAutoTrim() function?

What else should I do to let USB works? I already configred the clock settings and clock configurations.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jimtrudeau
Senior Contributor I

Hardly claim to be expert on configuring hardware clocks. So I went to the methods tab for the processor component to look at MCGAutoTrim, and hovered to get the help for it. It says that the method will be enabled only if bus clock derives its reference from an external source. Your screenshot shows the external reference clock disabled. So... this method is disabled. THere are other requirements as well. Check out the help for guidance, you may find useful hints. And I hope this helps at least a little.

VinGanZ
Contributor III

HI James,

We are also trying to generate the MCGAutoTrim Function using standalone PE for use with IAR compiler for K60 Processor.
We are trying to integrate PE generated drivers to the BSP for a custom board.
The MCGAutoTrim function is grayed out (meaning it cannot be generated) for whatever clock configuration setting is used.

If we put the generated PE_LDD.h file inside the Cloned BSP, it keeps complaining about the MCGAutoTrim function as it is not getting generated from the PE.

Is there a way out?

Thanks in advance

Vinod Ganesh

0 Kudos

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please find the attached screen-shot. It should help you to switch the method to enabled state.

Best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

bugs
Contributor III

The TWR-K60 BSP also has the OSCERCLK disabled, why it could generate that function?

0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

we would need the project in order to analyse (reproduce) the problem. Could you please post it here?

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

bugs
Contributor III

Check TWRK60 BSP's PE settings in Advanced mode. It shows OSCERCLK is disabled.

0 Kudos