How does one add a CPU pinout to a ProcessorExpert CPU component?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one add a CPU pinout to a ProcessorExpert CPU component?

jonothankane
Contributor I

Hi all;

I am using CodeWarrior 10.6  fully updated.

In a project where I am trying to use MQX 4.1.1 and a MK64FX512VLL12  - but discovered that the VLL12 pinout for the K64 is missing under the CodeWarrior version of processorExpert.

KDS has the pinout - but does not have as good support for MQX yet - so I figured it would be easier to add the pinout to the CW PE component than it would be to try and get KDS and MQX to play nice.

How would one go about adding the pinout for the VLL12 package to the PE component under CW ?

JK

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jonothankane
Contributor I

Perhaps the question needs to be rephrashed  -

Is there any reason for the VLL12 pinout to not be in the ProcessorExpert for CodeWarrior 10.6  - yet be in the processorExpert for the KDS ?

If I can get that pinout under CodeWarrior 10.6  the project then has an easy path forward - if not - we'll have to reconsider our options.

Tnanks

JK

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The reason is that Kinetis support for CodeWarrior is frozen. New devices and support for new devices will be in KDS, not in CodeWarrior.

What is your blocking point with MQX in KDS?

Thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos

jonothankane
Contributor I

Blocking point is that the MQX support currently avaialble for KDS is not as full featured as what was available for CW.

I am use to doing MQX ports to new boards by using the ProcessorExpert configuration in the MQX BSP library package.

When you currently do an MQX working set import for KDS - it does not produce a ProcessorExpert enabled project.

Either that or I am just totally missing something - which is a distinct possibility.

Cheers

JK

0 Kudos

jonothankane
Contributor I

Is it possible to simply take the  PE file for the CW MQX bsp project and simply move it to the KDS MQX BSP project?

I am not sure of the compatibility between the 2 PE versions.

0 Kudos

jonothankane
Contributor I

That was a bit of a waited experiment.

If you simply add the  PE .pe file to the  KDS MQX bsp project - open it - generate the code . 

You get loads of   typedefs not found dispite the definitions being in PE_Types.h  and that file being in the include lists for the code.

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jonothan,

You can look at the following discussions in the MQX Software Solutions community space:

MQX with Processor Expert using KDS on FRDM-K64F?

MQX with KSDK and Processor Expert

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos