Hooking into an RTIShared timer source with Component Wizard.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooking into an RTIShared timer source with Component Wizard.

Jump to solution
jgirard1
Contributor III

Some components that I am making require a period task call.  Instead of having to manually edit code to place the call into a timer loop, I'd like to add a property to my component to be able to select a 'Periodic interrupt source'.  I'd also like to be able to add the standard 'Interrupt period' selector dialog to be able to select the task rate.

These properties are used all over the place in various stock timing related components.  Is it possible that I can get access and use the same properties in my component to have Processor Expert automatically generate the task call at the specified rate?

As an example of what I want to duplicate, I add the RTIShared component and select RTI as the source @ 1ms.  Then I add TimerInt and configure it to use RTIShared as it's source and I also specify a periodic rate @ 5ms.  The code that is generated does all the interrupt hooking and divide-by-5 for TimerInt. 

I want to add the same timing properties that TimerInt has so my component's task function can automatically hook into the RTIShared loop, just like TimerInt did so elegantly.

Is this possible?  What is the best way to accomplish this?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand the goal correctly, but if it's just pariodic task call, you can inherit TimerInt (which can use RTIshared for timing) and you can place any code to the event routine, inluding call to some new event created in your component that user can edit when uses your component.

Unfortunatelly, extending basic set of hardware components the way that you component would allow selection of timer or RTIshared virtual timing device is not possible. Such task would need cooperation of Processor Expert core and it's internal infrasture which is currently not available to users.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand the goal correctly, but if it's just pariodic task call, you can inherit TimerInt (which can use RTIshared for timing) and you can place any code to the event routine, inluding call to some new event created in your component that user can edit when uses your component.

Unfortunatelly, extending basic set of hardware components the way that you component would allow selection of timer or RTIshared virtual timing device is not possible. Such task would need cooperation of Processor Expert core and it's internal infrasture which is currently not available to users.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos