cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64 PEx MSD

Jump to solution
oaf
Contributor IV

I'm in the process of try to make an USB MSD device on a FRDM-K64F. According to the steps in 'Processor Expert Kinetis SDK USB Stack Integration User Guide' it should be a walk in the park, but for the moment it's more like a walk in the dessert, for weeks without water.

What I've done is to make a PEx project and adding the fsl_usb_device_msd_class. PLL set to 48MHz and change the VID/PID from 0/0 generated (is this correct???) to 15a2/200 which is taken from the MSD example located in the KSDK installation.

1. Has anyone got this to work?

2. I thought that the PEx was to make it easy to create/configure complex projects but why is all the examples without PEx?

My project is enclosed, if a kind soul should feel for giving some advice, I'm exhausted by all this trouble with what I thought would be simple....

Original Attachment has been moved to: CDC.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_rezler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I checked your attached project.

I think that problem is in USB module access to FLASH area memory (USB descriptors are stored in FLASH memory)

=> USB module access to FLASH memory must be enabled in a FMC device. (Init_FMC component is possible to use for FMC device configuration, see "USB stack Processor Expert integration documentation", chapter 3).

Best Regards,

Jiri Rezler

View solution in original post

3 Replies
oaf
Contributor IV

Hi,

You are right, I've forgot to add the Init_FMC device.

A question (to the KSDK guys) the PEx do some kind of validation, why is this not among them? It's a simple question, if USB is not allowed to access the flash it will not work, so it should be mandatory,

most prefered added as a dependant bean....

0 Kudos
gionny
Contributor II

Hi!

Could you share the corrected project?

Thank you very much

Gionatha

0 Kudos
jiri_rezler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I checked your attached project.

I think that problem is in USB module access to FLASH area memory (USB descriptors are stored in FLASH memory)

=> USB module access to FLASH memory must be enabled in a FMC device. (Init_FMC component is possible to use for FMC device configuration, see "USB stack Processor Expert integration documentation", chapter 3).

Best Regards,

Jiri Rezler