cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior for MC56F84550 - USBDM

Merakli
Contributor I

Hello

I have a MC56F84550 MCU. I want to learn how to read the firmware in this MCU.I have installed the latest version Codewarrior. According to my research, I haven't been able to learn much about how to associate with USBDM and how to read it. For this reason, I decided to open a title on the original site.Which version should I use and what should I pay attention to ?

I'm waiting for your help.

Thank You..

0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I attach the schematics of the MC56F84000 EVK board(MC56F84789 is populated on the EVK board), on the MC56F84000 EVK board, the JM60(MC9S08JM60CLD) mcu is integrated, the JM60 is a bridge(called OSBDM) which can convert the USB command to JTAG command, in this way, user just uses a USB cable  to connect PC, can download code and debug for the MC56F84000 EVK board.

If customer designs his own board based on MC56F84xxx, the JM60 mcu is NOT required, customer can connect the JTAG pins of MC56F84xxx to a 14 pins male JTAG connector, user can use third party device(Multilink Universal device) from www.pemicro.com, and use the Multilink Universal device to download code and debug. For the JTAG pins assignment and pull up/down resistors, pls refer to J14 on the schematics.

User can use the Multilink Universal device or OSBDM interface(on the EVK board only) to read the code based on CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.x tools.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools/codewarrior-l...

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos