Capture component has no method to read pin state or change edge detect polarity.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture component has no method to read pin state or change edge detect polarity.

Jump to solution
jgirard1
Contributor III

I am working with CodeWarrior 5.1 for S12(X).  My target is 9S12XA256.

I am adding the Capture component to trigger on both edges of an input capture pin.  There is not method to read the pin state to determine if the event was triggered by a rising or falling edge.

As a solution, I tried to add a BitIO to get the methods to read the pin state and guess what happened?  Processor Expert told me the pin was already in use by the Capture component.

Aside from writing my own code to go directly to the registers and defeating the whole purpose of PE, how do I know the edge type that triggered the event?

Now, I have one more issue.  There is no method to change the detection edge of the input capture pin in real-time.  If I want to change the edge polarity from high-to-low or low-to-high as I decode an incoming signal, how could I do it?

Am I crazy by assuming such basic functions should already be part of the component, or am I just overlooking something?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you please check usage of InputPin component. It does not allocate the pin and provides GetValue method to detect the state on the pin.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you please check usage of InputPin component. It does not allocate the pin and provides GetValue method to detect the state on the pin.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos