cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Issues Related to the Testing of FRDMPKPT2000EVM Model Evaluation Board

Doublemint
Contributor II

Dear nxp support team,

I am having some issues with the FRDMPKPT2000EVM evaluation board. I would like to provide a detailed description of the problem I am facing. Based on the advice from your technical team, I used the s32 for arm v2.0 version to compile the "S32K114-PT2000 Example" file, and successfully generated the .srec file. This file was then programmed onto the S32K114 microcontroller on the evaluation board. I connected the power pins of the evaluation board to a 12V DC regulated power supply.

Using an oscilloscope, I tested the power supply voltage signals on the evaluation board, and all of them appeared normal. However, I noticed that the Vboost voltage generated on the board is around 5V. Is this within the normal range? Additionally, I measured the clock signal on the CLK pin, which exhibited a normal 1MHz PWM waveform.

However, I did not observe any high-level signal on the STARTx pin. I am confused about this as I wasn't expecting the example program to not generate a periodic high-level signal on the STARTx pin. Could you please clarify if this is expected behavior? If not, how should I proceed to connect a load for testing purposes?

I admit that I am not very proficient in coding, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could assist me in resolving this issue. Your help would be invaluable.

Thank you for considering my request and for your assistance.

Best regards,

Doublemint

1. 04.26
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Junyao,

the 5V Vboost voltage is ok. The Vboost undervoltage threshold is 4.7V. 

JozefKozon_0-1714724446550.png

For the management of the STARTx pins, please refer to the section 2.3 in the PT2000SWUG attached. Please also check other documents attached, which might be useful for you.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos