MC33926 - 5amps H-bridge

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33926 - 5amps H-bridge

MC33926 - 5amps H-bridge

Hello All,

I would like to share a bare board I designed to test one of our H-bridges.

The design is based in the MC33926​ which is a DC motor driver, capable of handling up to 5A and 5 to 28v. The microcontroller I used to drive the H-bridge was the S08PA16 ​an 8-Bit, 5v microcontroller with Robust GPIO and high drive capability. Since I wanted to use this board for another projects, I leave access to 6 GPIO and 2 ADC-CH.

The schematic and board design are compatible with CADSOFT EAGLE. I modified the Element14 library to add the uC and the H-bridge.

I sent the gerber files to OSH Park, and hand solder everything to the board using solder paste. The uC was programmed with a Multilink BDM​.

Bare_Board_notmount.jpg

MC33926 Bare board

Bare_board.jpg

Mounted devices

The DC motor I was using did not require more than 3amps. However, the MC33926 is designed to handle up to 5amps and since I will use this board for any other project involving a DC motor, I designed a custom aluminum heatsink and manufacture it with a milling machine. The holes in the heatsink are centered with the VCC and DC-Motor connector screws, hence neither the connector screws or the header pins are in contact with the heatsink.

2014-11-22 14.14.46.jpg

I used thermal grease to properly mount the device on its heatsink.

2014-11-22 14.22.43.jpg

Final board:

2014-11-22 14.26.51.jpg

I hope this information helps anyone who would like to use our H-bridges. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question.

Regards,

Josh

Attachments
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎05-12-2015 03:17 PM
Updated by: