Bug Issue in S32 for S32K144_PT2000_EXAMPLE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Issue in S32 for S32K144_PT2000_EXAMPLE

eitan
Contributor I

Hello, I am new to S32 and to NXP community and I am working with FRDMPKPT2000EVM Evaluation Board (EVB), I am trying to load and debug a sample file "S32K144_PT2000_EXAMPLE" with an error.

Can anyone help me resolve, thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

can you please share more details? What kind of error are you facing? 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

eitan
Contributor I

Thanks for replying, i am getting this: Program "gcc" not found in PATH S32K144_PT2001_EXAMPLE [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem

Eitan

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Please use build variables in Project properties - linker settings. Instead gcc put ${cross_prefix}${cross_c}${cross_suffix} :

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

0 Kudos

eitan
Contributor I

Hi Jiri, thanks for the information, please see window I am getting Don't have a linker option - Thanks

NXP screen shot.png

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eitan, 

what is your S32DS Version? Based on the blue icon on the top - I'm assuming that you are using incorrect version (probably S32DS v3.1?). For S32K144 target you need to use S32DS for ARM v2018.R1 - https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340190 

Here is version summary: 

S32DS - releases & updates 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

eitan
Contributor I

Dear Jiri, Thank you vary much, this version took me further, but i am still getting an error after the build, See below

For NXP.png

Regards,

Eitan

0 Kudos

b13310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eithan,

based on information in Problem view, I assume that this example has older setting for the path variable and it is pointing to wrong directory where compiler supposed to be.

Could you please check the setting for the Path, it should be ${ARM_TOOLCHAIN_DIR}/bin like on screenshot below:

pastedImage_1.png 

if PATH setup properly, please check what value ARM_TOOLCHAIN_DIR variable has (go to Window->Preferences->Run/Debug->String Substitution)

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

eitan
Contributor I

Hi Irina, Thanks for your answer and information, I have checked, the ARM_TOOLCHAIN_DIR have the following value: ${eclipse_home}../Cross_Tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again, 

Eitan

0 Kudos

b13310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eitan,

checked the example project, you might need to update the following settings for the Linker - should be ${cross_prefix}${cross_c}${cross_suffix} like below:

PT2000_Example_1.png

and as well I found out that Post build settings has hardcoded path to build tools, need to be updated:

PT2000_Example_2.png

(or you can use functionality of Create flash image to generate S-record output - using this checkbox and then configuring output type)

PT2000_Example_3.png

Best regards

Irina 

0 Kudos