Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I find information to aid in compiling utilities for mpc8308 target

Jump to solution
stacym
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm wondering where to look for information about building additional utilities for the MPC8308 target.  In particular, I would like to add oprofile (or similar performance monitoring tool)

I'm using ltib for the first time and have never needed to do anything like this before

Thanks,

Stacy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The package popt checks the xgettext on the host when configuration, please try to use the following steps to use ltib to build and deploy host xgettext, which I have verified on a clean Ubuntu machine.

1. rm config/platform/host/.config and config/platform/host/host.config(if these files exist).

2. Edit the file config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig to enable gettext.

CONFIG_PKG_GETTEXT=y

3. Rebuild and deploy the host environment.

./ltib --hostcf

4. Then you could build popt successfully.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I just checked ltib ISO ltib-mpc8308erdb-20100305, oprofile 0.9.3 spec file has already integrated into this ltib ISO, after installing LTIB ISO, please run the command.

./ltib -c

And in the menu enter into packages selection list from

Package list  --->

Select "oprofile" in the list, exit and rebuild filesystem with package oprofile.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
stacym
Contributor I

Hi Yiping Wang,

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  I had tried doing what you suggest above but oprofile seems to be dependent on popt, which I cannot control.

The Package list shows --- popt

I believe this means the popt is included because of the dependency...and popt requires gettext, which I also included.  Building with these package added (oprofile, popt and gettext) results in the following error:

checking mcheck.h usability... yes

checking mcheck.h presence... yes

checking for mcheck.h... yes

checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes

checking for /usr/ucblib in LIBS... no

checking for GNU xgettext... configure: error:

*** GNU gettext is required. The latest version

*** is always available from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/.

error: Bad exit status from /opt/freescale/ltib-mpc8308erdb-20100413/ltib-mpc8308erdb-zmi/tmp/rpm-tmp.99998 (%build)

RPM build errors:

Bad exit status from /opt/freescale/ltib-mpc8308erdb-20100413/ltib-mpc8308erdb-zmi/tmp/rpm-tmp.99998 (%build)

Build time for popt: 3 seconds

Failed building popt

f_buildrpms() returned an error, exiting

traceback:

main:560

Started: Mon Jun 9 15:36:28 2014

Ended: Mon Jun 9 15:37:41 2014

Elapsed: 73 seconds

These packages failed to build:

popt

Build Failed

Exiting on error or interrupt

zmi@debian:/opt/freescale/ltib-mpc8308erdb-20100413/ltib-mpc8308erdb-zmi$

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Stacy

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have verified the building on my build server without any problem, please try whether the following commands would be helpful for you.

$./ltib -m prep -p gettext

$./ltib -m scbuild -p gettext

$./ltib -m scinstall -p gettext

$./ltib -m scdeploy -p gettext

Then use "./ltib -c" to build the filesystem.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

0 Kudos
stacym
Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for the help, I tried the steps above to build gettext but still get the same error message when I run the last step (./ltib -c)

Just for comparison, my release of ltib is 20100413 and gettext version is 0.15.  I tried getting version 0.19 of gettext, but for some reason, 0.15 is always built (even if I rename it)  I'm pretty new to ltib and the build environment, so any other tips you can give me would help

Stacy

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The package popt checks the xgettext on the host when configuration, please try to use the following steps to use ltib to build and deploy host xgettext, which I have verified on a clean Ubuntu machine.

1. rm config/platform/host/.config and config/platform/host/host.config(if these files exist).

2. Edit the file config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig to enable gettext.

CONFIG_PKG_GETTEXT=y

3. Rebuild and deploy the host environment.

./ltib --hostcf

4. Then you could build popt successfully.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

0 Kudos