transportation of FreeRTOS with CodeWarrior IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transportation of FreeRTOS with CodeWarrior IDE

jinyu_zhang
Contributor II

I've got a demo mpc860-gcc demo, which is compiled by GCC. As I want to use the CodeWarrior IDE to debug the hardware. I've done some work, and build the project successfully. However, when debug, some exceptions appear. I just get confused and have no idea about them. 

So, any suggestion?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have tested CodeWarrior 8.8 and CodeWarrior TAP under Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 12.

There is a problem for using CodeWarrior 8.8 under Ubuntu 14/16/18.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jinyu_zhang
Contributor II

Morning, 

I have found the reason that cause this Machine Check exception, and it is in the Interrupt processing function, after restoring the GPR13(which refer to r13 in the source file), when the program reaches a global variation, the codewarrior would send out the exception.

So then, I found a new project in the codewarrior(ver 8.8), and find the file eppc_exception.asm which contains the Interrupt vectors. And I find that the GPRs are saved and restored from r3 to r12, not include r13-r31. I have know that r14-r31 is used to contain the temporary variations. The r13 is used for What? And how could restoring the r13 cause the Machine check exception?

Thanks,

BR,

Jinyu.

0 Kudos

jinyu_zhang
Contributor II

I got the Exception 0x0200 while debugging with USBTAP.

The variables before the exception appears is like this:

regs.PNG

Step one more line, the exception occurs. 

expt.PNG

the source file stop at the following line when the exception occurs.

sourc.PNG

How should the exception appears at here?

0 Kudos

jinyu_zhang
Contributor II

I have realised the point. Thanks for your help anyway.

And now, I'm using the CodeWarrior IDE in win10. Any advise on the transportion of FreeRTOS with the CodeWarrior, pls?

BR,

Jinyu

0 Kudos