how to add new flash device into code warrior v 8.8 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add new flash device into code warrior v 8.8 ?

venkat1
Contributor III

Hi folks,

i am using Code warrior V 8.8  for mpc8358e PowerQUICC pro processor. and my flash is M58BW016FB7T  from ST, memory organisation is 512Kx32x1 (32bit data bus). This device is not showing in the code warrior flash config. list . So  i am not able program the flash and i am struck  here.please tell me how to add new device from scratch. if is there any similar reference or data  please share me & help us.

reply as soon as possible...bulatlunminliangr8070z

thank you.

regards, 

venkat.

3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello venkat,

Please refer to document "AN3630.CreatingFlashAlgorithm.pdf" and "AddFlashDevs.pdf" in C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer\Documentation  to create new flash programming algorithm and add a new flash device in CodeWarror IDE.

Thanks,

Yiping

venkat1
Contributor III

i created but it is not showing  in the codewarrior flash confg list.. can u send similar flash config file of 8358 cw...

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\bin\Plugins\Support\Flash_Programmer\EPPC\FPDeviceConfig.xml for the device definition.

Please refer to flash programing algorithm template in C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer.

0 Kudos