Therm0/1 Pin Rating

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Therm0/1 Pin Rating

jrodriguez
Contributor I

Does the internal thermal resistor in the MPC8548E processor between the Therm0 and Therm1 pins have a maximum power or current rating? I understand that it's designed to be measured with a DMM that will likely limit the current to something in the microamp range, however I'm concerned about the susceptibility of this resistor to ESD damage which could easily exceed the nominal currents this resistor was designed to see during measurement. This port is not covered by the absolute maximum ratings table that includes the I/O for this processor.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jrodriguez
Contributor I

That's very helpful, thank you! Do you know if the Therm0/1 pins have ESD clamps to power and ground? 

0 Kudos

andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We don't have any power or current specifications for the Therm0 and Therm1 pins.

Recommended maximum static current is 3mA.

These pins passed all ESD tests during device qualification: HBM 2kV, MM 200V and CDM 500V.

Have a great day,
Andrei

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos