SDRAM Little endian & big endian confusion for MPC8270

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDRAM Little endian & big endian confusion for MPC8270

muhammadahmed47
Contributor II

Hi i am interfacing IS45S16320F-7BLA2 (SDRAM 32Mx16) with MPC8270. As per reference manual of MPC8270 on pg# 11-34 it connects address and data lines in ascending order. (A0 - A0)

pastedImage_3.png

But the reference design which i am following is PQ2FADS-VR. It is also attached in this post.

In this design it is interfacing MPC8275 Address with SDRAM in descending order. (A28 - A0) .

pastedImage_5.png

And for Flash both address and data is in descending order. I do not get it . What is the right configuration. Kindly help me.

pastedImage_4.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

In the manual Figure 11-19 does not show address bits order of the connections. On the MPC8270 pins A0 and D0 provides the most significant bit. On SDRAM and FLASH chips naming convention is opposite and pin A0 is input for the least significant bit. The PQ2FADS-VR schematic show correct connections.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos