cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody cared interrupt

vadrevujyothi
Contributor I

Hello Sir,

I am currently working on MPC8323E-RDB board. And I am using kernel 2.6.20.6rt-8. And for cross compilation i am using LTIB platform. I am using external interrupt 6 for 4 external serial devices (interrupt sharing). When I am reading data from serial device 1 it is showing following error. I am using semaphores in interrupt handler for reading data.

irq 23 : Nobody cared interrupt (try to boot with "irqpoll" option)

Why above error was came that i am not able to understand even i gone through google. And irqpoll option also i am not able to find anywhere in my uboot and kernel. Because of using semaphores in interrupt handler or sharing interrupt between 4 devices causing the issue that I am not able to understand.  Can you please help me out in this issue?           

Original Attachment has been moved to: irqpoll.txt.zip

0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"Nobody cared interrupt" means your interrupt handler has a mistake and does not handle interrupt request it should process. Probably this is because of shared interrupt line and incorrect detection of source of the request in your interrupt handler. The suggestion to switch to polling mode allows kernel to avoid this situation where it passes interrupt request to your handler, but the result looks like nobody is processing this request. Switching to polling helps kernel, but actually does not resolve the problem. Please debug your interrupt handler to determine why interrupt request is not handled properly.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos